The mission statement of Northminster is “to make disciples, grow in faith together, and serve others in Christ.”
We work to provide an atmosphere of worship, learning and service that nurtures multi -generational relationships. From children to senior citizens, we all participate and come together for fellowship and worship alike. With the leadership of our pastor Rev. Ralph Hawkins, we are looking forward with excitement and faith to the life and ministry that God is calling us to in the years to come. We feel truly blessed by God and fortunate to carry His light into the world.
What we Believe
- Grace -At the core of Presbyterian identity is a secure hope in the grace of God in Jesus Christ, a hope that, by the power of the Holy Spirit, empowers us to live lives of gratitude: “In affirming with the earliest Christians that Jesus is Lord, the Church confesses that he is its hope, and that the Church, as Christ’s body, is bound to his authority and thus free to live in the lively, joyous reality of the grace of God.” (Book of Order F-1.0204)
- Sovereignty of God – God is the supreme authority throughout the universe.
- Authority of Scripture – Our knowledge of God and God’s purpose for humanity comes from the Bible, particularly what is revealed in the New Testament through the life of Jesus Christ.
- Justification by grace through faith – Our salvation (justification) through Jesus is God’s generous gift to us and not the result of our own accomplishments.
- Priesthood of all believers – It is everyone’s job — ministers and lay people alike — to share this Good News with the whole world and therefore the Presbyterian church is governed at all levels by a combination of clergy and laity, men and women.
All of the rest of understandings and beliefs flow out of this core concept of grace. For more information go to What Presbyterians Believe.